Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions? Dd wants a Percy Jackson cake....

(5 Posts)
DarrellRivers Wed 12-Nov-14 18:49:51

I have never failed at producing a themed cake requested by my children.
I am good at making simple sponge, bit of buttercream and judicious use of a few decorations, so not a great cake decorator, more a masterful imitator
I feel I may be unable to complete the requested task as there are no Percy Jacksn figurines on ebay/amazon etc
I have a trident and thought about trying to do a Greek temple but my head has exploded
Please help me, I need it for 22/11/14

AuntieStella Thu 13-Nov-14 10:39:18

They get beads for the years at camp, don't they? Can't remember off hand what they were (there's a description of Annabeth's necklace somewhere), but could that be a theme?

Any particular one of the books a favourite?

Biro and sword?
Medusa's head?
Fountain and drachma (iris message)?

AuntieStella Thu 13-Nov-14 10:41:37

Link to an Annabeth necklace on Etsy and it includes description of what is on each bead.

Ishouldbeweaving Mon 17-Nov-14 22:15:36

It would involve lots of blue food colouring because Percy loves blue food, maybe with a gold coloured pen stuck in it (his sword converts into a pen). I like the beads, you could buy a block of fondant and thread the beads onto a liquorice shoelace.

(I have big ideas for cakes but don't have the skills to carry them off)

DarrellRivers Fri 21-Nov-14 14:39:30

My plan is a sponge with blue icing in the style of the sea, with a trident and some greek columns, with a picture of Percy and Annabeth from an old DVD. Will post a photo once completed.
Thank you for your suggestions, this has been the trickiest but suspect she might be disappointed (expecting figures etc)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now