Talk

Advanced search

Would like to bake a chocolate cheese cake. Have some questions.

(6 Posts)
optimistikcolouristik Fri 03-Oct-14 14:24:47

My two DSs do not eat cheese (it stinks to them) but are interested in the chocolate (as chocolaty as possible) cheese cake. I have a recipe at home but for this cake you need only 1 tbsp of cocoa powder (sounds not enough) but more than a kilo of soft cheese. I am also interested if I can use ricotta instead of the usual soft cheese? I am afraid that the soft cheese would be too salty for the sweet cake or not? I would appreciate all your kind suggestions! One more thing, they would not eat creamy or soggy cake. They eat chocolate mousse and that is fine but when it comes to a cake then it needs to be moderately soft. Thank you again!

bonzo77 Fri 03-Oct-14 14:29:28

This makes a very chocolatey chocolate cheese cake. It's baked and therefore quite firm in texture.

bonzo77 Fri 03-Oct-14 14:31:47

Sorry. Here's the recipe

optimistikcolouristik Fri 03-Oct-14 19:17:36

Thank you Bonzo. Currently reading the message on my phone but will check the images later on the computer. Will probably make a cake next week only and then will post an update. Thanks again.

doradoo Wed 22-Oct-14 17:16:08

Probably a bit late - but I made this brownie chocolate cheesecake for a friend and it went down a treat - very sweet, rich and chocolatey!

optimistikcolouristik Mon 17-Nov-14 22:21:59

Thank you Doradoo. It looks very appetising!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now