Talk

Advanced search

lakeland hemisphere cake tins

(9 Posts)
MikeLitoris Sat 25-May-13 15:24:04

Anyone got them?

I'm looking for a recipe for the medium and small ones. I want to have a practice run of a lady bird cake.

I read that I will need to turn down the oven by about 20º. Any other tips?

EskSmith Sat 25-May-13 15:26:37

What is the benefit over baking a circular cake and cutting it in half?

MikeLitoris Sat 25-May-13 15:33:21

these no cutting involved.

oinkment Sat 25-May-13 17:38:19

I just bake.in my pyrex mixing bowl when I need a round cake.

MikeLitoris Sat 25-May-13 18:05:25

What quantities of things do you use? Its doesn't give a size for the medium tin so no idea if it would take a 6in cake mix for example.

I already have the tins, I couldn't quite master the pyrex bowl. It always comes out slightly greasy.

Fuckwittery Sat 25-May-13 18:18:58

I did a ladybird cake the other week, used a medium ceramic (?) mixing bowl, and a little pudding basin full of cake which I then cut in half to make the head. I sliced a wee bit off the big bowl cake to make a flat bit to attach the head to if that makes sense,.
I used a maderia cake recipe, 5oz marge, 5oz sugar, 3 eggs, 8oz flour, my large bowl was about 7inches diamater and my little bowl about 3inches, I only half filled the bowls as I didnt want a huge cake to cover and was only having a small party.

Fuckwittery Sat 25-May-13 18:20:20

Oh and I put a disc of baking paper in to line, cake does come out a bit greasy its true, but I put it in the freezer for an hour before doing buttercream layer which I think helped

MikeLitoris Sat 25-May-13 18:34:11

Thanks fw

Those are about the sizes of my tins.

I'll have a go tomorrow.

I dont want a big ladybird as it is to go on top of a larger square cake.

I'll post a pic if it looks any good tomorrow.

Fuckwittery Sat 25-May-13 19:00:31

I will try and upload my ladybird pic it would sit nicely on the top of a large square cake I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now