Talk

Advanced search

What is your favourite thing to bake and eat?

(6 Posts)
JojoMags Wed 22-May-13 15:23:04

Have spent all week craving a homemade wholemeal fruit scone with properly hard crust. With lots of fruit. On the crumbly rather than the doughy end of the scone spectrum. Am in bed post-op and can't do any baking, so am resigned to fantasy! When I want baked goods, its this all the way. Occasionally I'll stray into rock bun territory. What's your most joyous, comforting thing to bake and eat?

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Wed 22-May-13 16:21:47

The thing I can do in my sleep is just a simple sponge with jam and buttercreme icing. It may be quite boring, but always turns out well, and is so comfortingly lovely. With the DC, its wholemeal banana muffins - DD enjoys mashing the bananas, and its marginally less unhealthy.

JojoMags Wed 22-May-13 16:25:13

Yumm. With your DD on the wholemeal banana muffins smile

LittleAbruzzenBear Wed 22-May-13 16:26:51

Victoria sponge or butterfly buns with buttercream and jam. Always get demolished into crumbs the same day by DH, the DCs and any visitors.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 22-May-13 16:28:19

Hmm. I love baking, but I am not sure I have a favourite thing. This is possibly due to the fact that I am also rather a greedy piglet.

It'd possibly be a really rich dense, chocolate cake, with lovely chocolate icing. Or maybe a banana cake, full of rum? Or a nice sponge, filled with rasps and cream?

Or even bread, eaten with lots of butter. Yum.

Poor you, post-op. Hope you recover well and get back baking soon!

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 22-May-13 16:28:38

Or buttery lovely flapjack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now