Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a really good bread and butter pudding recipe?

(9 Posts)
sapphirestar Wed 03-Apr-13 20:56:56

Wasn't sure if this should be cakes and bakes or food/recipes but here it is.

So...I've got half a loaf of bread left, being only me and dd we don't get through a lot, and thought I could make a bread and butter pudding with it.

Google brings up so many, so thought I'd turn to MN.
Does anyone have a tried and tested one that is yummy? I quite like the idea of shoving some chocolate chips in there!

Thanks x

reindeesandchristmastrees Wed 03-Apr-13 22:54:00

Butter the bread, lay some in dish. Mix up a couple of eggs with some milk (about half a pint) and a handful of sugar. Scatter fruit and your chocolate on bread then layer rest of bread. Pour on eggy milk. Bake. Yum

sapphirestar Thu 04-Apr-13 12:51:09

Thanks, that sounds yummy. Bake for about 30mins do you think? Or maybe a bit longer?

laptopwieldingharpy Thu 04-Apr-13 13:11:06

MUST use half milk/half cream and scatter pre soaked sultanas (in brandy even better).
sprinkling of sugar on top and a few bits of butter so that it goes all brown and sticky

laptopwieldingharpy Thu 04-Apr-13 13:11:32

30mn plenty

sapphirestar Thu 04-Apr-13 16:41:59

Ok I'm off to give it a go in a bit, will report back later!
Thank you x

sapphirestar Thu 04-Apr-13 19:12:51

It was delicious! Used half cream/half milk and chucked a bit of cinnamon in there too.
Thanks for the help !

Cakebitch Thu 04-Apr-13 19:17:06

Use cream, egg yolks, melted chocolate in the hot cream... Lots of it. Chocolate chips and thinly sliced bananas between the slices of buttered bread. Even better when you make it with old croissants.

HobKnob Thu 04-Apr-13 19:20:36

I made one recently with hot cross buns and marmalade- it was to die for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now