Talk

Advanced search

Harry Potter cake

(9 Posts)
allo2101 Fri 08-Mar-13 09:06:53

My daughter is 15 in a couple of weeks and a complete Potter fanatic. I have been trying to find a site which does these sort of cakes, but can't find anything other than bog-standard things with cake toppers. Would be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction smile

Groovee Fri 08-Mar-13 09:11:06

Can a local cake maker do it? My dd had this cake made for her by a local cake maker

slicesofheaven.co.uk/index.php?id=12&file=Kids%20Cakes

allo2101 Fri 08-Mar-13 09:13:00

Wow, that looks amazing - if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay? I've found one local cake maker but the cost is going to be about £75 shock

Groovee Fri 08-Mar-13 09:13:22

argh the link doesn't take right to the cake, you need to scroll down.

But have added a pic of her cake.

Groovee Fri 08-Mar-13 09:16:57

Cost me £48 for that one.

allo2101 Fri 08-Mar-13 15:43:34

That's not too bad, I am ok-ish with going up to £50. Can't find anyone local though - I COULD try making it myself but think it would be a bit of a disaster, lol

shoppingbagsundereyes Wed 13-Mar-13 12:03:24

My sister made her dd a Harry Potter book of spells cake. Was dead easy. SHe made a rectangular chocolate sponge, covered it in chocolate butter cream and then used pre coloured fondant icing to make a wand, griffindor logo and other Harry Potter bits and bobs.

shoppingbagsundereyes Wed 13-Mar-13 12:04:37

She did her book closed. It's easier than the open cake on that link. You just need to make pages on the edge

75 pounds is not a lot for a large cake like that, I live in the states so I'm sure costs are different but that first cake here would cost me about 25 pounds minimum in ingredients and the good part of a week of work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now