Advanced search

Those round shortbread type biscuits with cherry on top? . . . . .

(15 Posts)
mummybookworm Sun 27-Jan-13 21:00:13

What are they called? I want to make some and need a recipe if anyone can help? I only know they are yum, and are very crumbly. Thank you.

nightshade Sun 27-Jan-13 21:02:25

German biscuits?

EmpireBiscuit Sun 27-Jan-13 21:04:02

You called?

mummybookworm Sun 27-Jan-13 21:19:00

I don't know nightshade. I will do some googling.

mummybookworm Sun 27-Jan-13 21:20:30

I don't think they are German - the ones I'm thinking of are not iced.

tabulahrasa Sun 27-Jan-13 21:21:28

I was going to say empire biscuits, but they're iced too.

mummybookworm Sun 27-Jan-13 21:22:49

Found a link - hope this works. Will have to try the recipe

dontmixthecolours Sun 27-Jan-13 21:23:19

They're Swiss shortcakes I think. There's a recipe in the bero book.

Rosa Sun 27-Jan-13 21:27:48 if they are these will translate them for you.....

Rosa Sun 27-Jan-13 21:28:17

oddslippers Sun 27-Jan-13 21:31:08

melting moments? we always roll then in crushed cornflakes though

mummybookworm Sun 27-Jan-13 21:31:31

Thank you Rosa, no that's ok, but lovely of you to offer. I will have a go at the first recipe and see how I get on.

mummybookworm Sun 27-Jan-13 21:32:36

Thanks Odd, no that's not them.

Startail Sun 27-Jan-13 21:37:24

Melting moments were rolled in oats in our house.
DM used to make them. I'd forgotten them. DD2 would love them.

0blio Sun 27-Jan-13 21:49:56

Odd, thanks for posting that recipe, I am definitely going to make them, they look yummy!

Empire biscuits? Two shortcake biscuits (or Royal Scots biscuits) sandwiched together with jam, then iced with a cherry on top - see picture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now