Talk

Advanced search

How to roll a yule log?

(8 Posts)
FestiveFannyFarts Sat 01-Dec-12 19:56:04

I made a yule log today and rolled it but it broke on the first roll and the second...
I managed to save it but how do i roll it so it doesn't break. I was rolling it on paper.
I have to make one for a raffle next week and i want it to look brilliant

FestiveFannyFarts Sat 01-Dec-12 19:57:06

I had the picture attached on the first one but its not there

wannabedomesticgoddess Sat 01-Dec-12 19:58:09

It will break/crack no matter what you do.

Are you icing it? That will hide a multitude of sins.

Hassled Sat 01-Dec-12 19:59:57

It will break, or at least crack. If you sit the sponge on a tea towel and then use the tea towel as your rolling aid - pulling up and over firmly but gently - that will help, but otherwise don't fret - make a good job of the icing and no one will know.

FestiveFannyFarts Sat 01-Dec-12 20:30:47

Yeah thats the finished product in the picture so it doesn't look to bad i don't think.
Thanks smile

BigBirdisSaved Mon 03-Dec-12 18:08:28

Did you roll it while it was still hot and attached to the paper and leave it to cool that way?

MrsGubbins Mon 03-Dec-12 18:28:51

I think it looks just the ticket! share the recipe please? I'm feeling festively inspired!

Fredstheteds Thu 10-Jan-13 23:20:04

Wet tea towel , grease proof paper sprinkled with caster sugar. Flip out on ... Hot from oven and remove baking paper from tin. Then roll by pulling top f tea towel towards you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: