Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cafe/Cake Shop name ideas!

(200 Posts)
KenBarlow Mon 18-Sep-17 22:06:38

I've found a great location for a business I've wanted to start for years. For the past few weeks I've been putting ideas together to make it a reality, but I'm stuck on the name!

I think I'd like the name to focus more on the cake side, and sound classy or luxurious (the cakes will be, and suits the location) and less focussed on the cafe side as it'll be more about the baked items but a small lunch menu will be available.

Avoiding names to do with tea rooms or coffee, and not keen on having the word cafe in the title. Not asking for much am I? grin

One I came across that I liked is "The Cake Kitchen", it sounds more modern and more interesting than a cafe I feel. What do you think?

Possibly "Rachel's Cake Kitchen"? I don't mind sharing my name as I've name changed! I've added a logo idea that I found online, and I think this name would look good in a similar style?

I'd love something that sounds modern and high end.
Does anybody know any great names that I could learn from?

Any ideas or opinions would be great!

KenBarlow Mon 18-Sep-17 22:07:35

In fact, a good idea would probably be to ask: if you were opening a cake shop/cafe, what would you call it? grin

DonkeyOaty Mon 18-Sep-17 22:10:10

I would go to Rachel's Cake Kitchen.

Mmmmmmm caaaake.

DonkeyOaty Mon 18-Sep-17 22:11:05

Because cake kitchen IS all about the cake, yes?

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough Mon 18-Sep-17 22:11:32

I don't think kitchen sounds very classy (sorry)

DonkeyOaty Mon 18-Sep-17 22:12:23

Cafe would be inviting peeps to want panininini (sp) and omlet. And chips.

fightingirish Mon 18-Sep-17 22:14:44

Always wanted a little coffee/cake shop called the potty hen!!

KenBarlow Mon 18-Sep-17 22:18:50

Please do come to my cake kitchen and buy a lot of cake Donkey grin it would be very helpful!

No need to apologise Grow, your opinion is as valid as others!

Fightingirish - I love that name! How did you come up with that name? I won't steal it, but I'd love something along the lines of that!

Winteriscomingneedmorewood Mon 18-Sep-17 22:21:09

The Cake Shelf

ThisIsntMyUsualName Mon 18-Sep-17 22:21:59

There was a lovely little place like that near me called Have Your Cake and Eat It. I miss it ever so much. Caaaake.

buckeejit Mon 18-Sep-17 22:22:01

How wonderful!

Rachel's sounds a bit too almost rhymey with cake. I like cake kitchen but it doesn't sound high end. The cake spa! Cake retreat, cake kick, cake highs, supper cakes, area cakes, cake shop, cake hole, choice cakes

incogKNEEto Mon 18-Sep-17 22:23:00

A slice of heaven?

Roseformeplease Mon 18-Sep-17 22:25:18

Royal Icing?

Naice Cake

Posh to a Tea

FinallyDecidedOnUserName Mon 18-Sep-17 22:25:59

The Cake Emporium

KenBarlow Mon 18-Sep-17 22:28:12

Maybe it should be Ken's Cake Kitchen and I could have a huge portrait of Ken Barlow in the nude surrounded by cake? Sound good?...maybe? grin

Is 'Rachel's Cake Kitchen' a yes, no or a maybe everyone? It sounds good when I say it out loud pretending to answer the phone blush

I agree it maybe doesn't sound as high end as it could, but I can imagine it working well alongside the style of cakes I'll be making possibly.

KenBarlow Mon 18-Sep-17 22:30:24

Thank you for all the suggestions by the way!! Some really good ones.

I think I've described it poorly, which is typical of me.
The plan is to have it quite modern, and the cakes will be high end up modern and a little experimental, not as traditional as most.
Planning on baking a 'standard' range such as Victoria sponge, chocolate cake etc but done to a high standard and decorated in a modern/exciting way.
And then a range of weird and wonderful things that will be changed every now and then for new things for customers to try!

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Mon 18-Sep-17 22:31:38

Cakery or Rachel's cakery.

theconstantinoplegardener Mon 18-Sep-17 22:32:45

Sweet Surrender?

DoesAnyoneReadTheseThings Mon 18-Sep-17 22:33:04

I do like cake kitchen/Rachel's cake kitchen. It makes me think of a 'posh' kitchen like the Martha Stewart 'tv set' not like a canteen kitchen.

Threenme Mon 18-Sep-17 22:33:45

"For heaven's cake

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Mon 18-Sep-17 22:35:51

I like Cakery for a cake bakery
The Cakery sounds good

Leicesterpiggott Mon 18-Sep-17 22:36:49

Cakery isn't a word though!

KenBarlow Mon 18-Sep-17 22:37:33

Cakery sounds like a jokey made up word to me grin

greendale17 Mon 18-Sep-17 22:38:32

Cake Emporium

greendale17 Mon 18-Sep-17 22:39:11

Cakery sounds odd

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now