Marketing Tips?(6 Posts)
Help! Does anyone have any marketing tips? I have a business plan, Facebook page and website but I can't for the life of me get my business out there. Any ideas would be welcome. It is to do with elderly care so I want to market to older people and carers.
Where do the people you want to help, "hang out"? What do they read? Where do they spend their time?
A new business I helped, also marketed to care homes. They did the old knocking on doors or calling them, approach, as well as attended events where people who run care homes, attend. like : carehomeexpo.co.uk/
Do they spend time on Facebook? If not, then a Facebook page is a waste of your time.
What service or product do you offer, if you don't mind sharing?
Thanks Anis, it's an overnight home care service. It's tricky because the people I am marketing to tend to be quite home bound.
1. Is it a business page on facebook - if so, join some of the official facebook webinars about marketing on facebook, they quite often give you some free adverts - I would suggest that you target some facebook ads at people who are likely to have elderly parents eg 45 and above in the local area so that you can get quite a lot of coverage quickly
2. Register with google - they also give some free advertising to new businesses
3. Contact the local paper saying your service is quite unique and see if they will run an article - make it easy for them by practically writing the article yourself and ask them when their photographer is about - they wil also probably do an online article - share that via your facebook to everyone you know and ask them to share it locally
4. Flyers, or even offer talks or foyer 'information; sessions in local community centres/healthcare centres/dropins
5. Is it a premium service? Consider flyering wealthier, mature streets in your town, again you are going for families who might have people.
6. Is it for disabled as well? Try some local relevant charities.
7. FInd out when the local warfarin clinic is at the local hospitals and go when they are on - our local has a massive attendance - flyer and talk to people there - you should get some people who know people who might want some care.
8. Flyers some high likelihood areas eg areas of local authority elderly homes/retirement villages - for example Orbit have a big place near me, where you have to be retirement age to get an apartment, and they have on-site care (so talk to them about augmenting that) and also an open access cafe that you could flyer/hang out in and network a bit. - and there are areas of my town that definitely are allocated to older people - ask about, people will know..
9. go to things like 'friends of' events eg 'friends of art gallery, 'freinds of local park, history groups etc - and just talk to people about what you do - you might get some good leads.
How many clients would be enough?
Thank you that is so helpful I only need about 6 clients to make it profitable.
Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.
Join the discussion
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.