Talk

Advanced search

Craft business name ideas

(8 Posts)
Nowfindingdory Sun 16-Apr-17 13:50:10

So im in the process of launching a new craft business in the next few month. The business focuses on making personalised items of clothing and gift ideas. This include things such as leggins, tops, christmas stockings, blankets and also personalised items such as wine glasses and cups. All items would be made to order and all clothing would be sewn by myself.

Im struggling to find a nice catchy name as everything i think of does not sound right. I was going to have something with the word unique but not much luck

Looking for ideas with or without the unique

JaxingJump Wed 19-Apr-17 09:57:41

Mommagrammy

It will be hard to come up with a name that doesn't sound cheap and cheesy while still giving some idea of what you are selling.

What platform are you selling on? Etsy?

You could just choose a nice name that stays away from personalisation/unique/cheesy stuff.

Bell & Whistle or something.

Nowfindingdory Thu 20-Apr-17 13:38:02

Hi jaxing after writing my post i thought long and hard about the unique and how cheesy it sounded. Especially with so many doing the same things as me i could imagine. I like the sound of two words seperated by and. Ive seen so many combinations mostly children's names when go quite well together, mine don't. Thank you for taking the time to comment

Im actually going to be starting in September when the youngest starts pre school but will start off with a Facebook page then etsy as i know there are many craft businesses in there although i don't know much about etsy and whether there are charges etc. Something i need to research.

AnisQiz Thu 20-Apr-17 17:55:46

Hiya, yes, you can name it anything. A friend started her own photography business and named it after her husband and sister, Lily & Frank. You can pick anything meaningful to you, and share that meaning with others. That's what connects people with you.

I read about how the founder of Nike came up with the name. He started out as Blue Ribbon. That name came about simply by looking at his running trophy sitting in his bedroom. The name Nike came later, from some Greek God, meaning victory, which captured the essence of his passion - to make everyone winners.

I would think about what's meaningful to you, and why you're doing this. Get in that zone (it's a higher energy vibe), then listen to what calls you.

Hope this helps.

debbs77 Thu 20-Apr-17 17:58:16

Mine is the name of my road followed by Crafts xx

LoveForTulips Fri 28-Apr-17 15:18:25

If i was to start my craft making into a business, it would be my dogs name followed by crafts, or something to that effect.

look around you, whats important to you, what means something to you and go from there. For example, i love Tulips, they're my favourite, so i could go for Tulip Crafts. Tulip handcrafted. Homemade by Tulips and so on and so on.

Best of luck!

ZilphasHatpin Fri 28-Apr-17 15:25:04

What about your parent's/grandparents names? Or your local area?

nellifurtardo Fri 28-Apr-17 15:34:16

What about calling your business, Made to order. As every thing is going to be make to order. Also I have learnt not to give yourself a name which pigeon holes you to one thing as you never know what direction you might end up going in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now