Talk

Advanced search

Help me formulate my business idea!

(2 Posts)
ahatlikeprincessmarina Tue 28-Mar-17 08:31:42

This sounds pretty lame –I want to start an online business but I'm not sure exactly what! I am interested in/have experience with: local kids events, nurseries, toddler groups, I am proficient in Indesign and will happily design newslettery-type things and get them printed, (I do this kind of thing in my 9-5 job) or happy to work with mass email mailing list-type things. I have had my own local advertising directory in the past, but moved away from the area it covered, and there's already a well-established one where I live now.

I just can't quite define my niche or gap in the market. I guess I want to provide some kind of listings or information service to local parents. But I know there's already the 'Families' magazine brand ...

Any ideas for things where you've felt someone is missing a trick? I know I probably shouldn't be putting this out there grin but I've been racking my brains for ages now!

AnisQiz Wed 05-Apr-17 10:49:31

I would have a chat with your target audience, local parents, and ask them what they look for and what they feel is missing or what would be useful for them. Listening and identifying a problem might help steer you in the direction. Even if there;s something else out there, there's always room to do it better or differently, or more focused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now