Talk

Advanced search

Funding for training available for single mum currently on income support

(2 Posts)
Billyjoe10 Fri 03-Mar-17 09:45:11

Hi not sure where to put this so apologies if it's in the wrong place! I know I need to make an appointment with the job centre to find out for definite but just wondered if anyone happens to know if there's any grants or funding available for training to get back to work available for those on income support. Am a single mum and would like to get some training to go into a special area of work, I know I could go to college full time but I have found some intensive wknd courses that could get me qualified much quicker in the area I'd like to go into. The only trouble is it costs a bit....is this something that the job centre would help with? Am thinking it would be beneficial as I could potentially be back in work much quicker than I would be if I spent a year or two in college. Any information would be greatfully received!

teenyteen Fri 14-Apr-17 19:41:17

Hi, I was going to post something similar. I have made an appointment at the job centre to speak to someone about it. Have you tried the princes trust? I have just made an enquiry online so maybe try that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now