Talk

Advanced search

hypnobirthing business - are these images too much?

(6 Posts)
Jellybean81 Sat 25-Feb-17 22:31:52

I've recently launched a new hypnobirthing business in the Peckham/Nunhead/East Dulwich area. The problem is that there are some well established providers so I'm struggling to get any sales. I've built a website which my friends have said looks great which offers my USP of additional recordings and my personal journey, I've taken the Google Adwords special offer which is driving traffic but no one seems to be looking around beyond the front page.

I have added images of a lovely birth to the front page. Image one shows a mum relaxing in the pool during a surge with dad doing massage. Image 2 is mum and dad receiving the baby and image 3 is the share joy and elation. The baby has a very thick coating of vernix, could that be off putting? I'll include the final image so you can see what I mean

Also the family in the pictures is black, I worry that this may reduce the appeal to my target market. Although the area is very mixed it does seem to be wealthier white mums who tend to be interested in hypnobirthing.

I haven't linked to the site but if you're interested in taking a look or finding out more feel free to PM me

Jellybean81 Sat 25-Feb-17 22:34:15

I think the picture is amazing but My DP who has seen a baby born said 'why does the baby look likes it's been covered in batter?' hmm

olderthanyouthink Sun 26-Feb-17 23:50:17

I'm sooo not your target audience but I would have thought that someone looking into hypnobirthing would know what a "fresh" baby looks like.

As for the skin colour... I'm mixed race so I've grown up with not many people looking like me and I know that people like seeing someone they can relate to but I don't think it would be off putting having a black family, but if you are concerned you could mix it up but beware of "Token Black Person".

If people aren't looking past the front page then you try can figure out why. Are they spending a few mins reading the content of the page? Is the an obvious CTA? Can people find what they are after? Landing pages tailored to the ad pointing to them?

I'm not an expert in any of this, btw.

ferriswheel Sun 26-Feb-17 23:52:45

Its a beautiful picture.

Jellybean81 Mon 27-Feb-17 12:06:29

Thanks for the replies. I've decided to play it safe and gone for a single static image

ferriswheel Mon 27-Feb-17 17:03:41

Actually I prefer your other picture. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now