Talk

Advanced search

What's involved in being a virtual PA? Just answering phones? Or creating letters & emails etc?

(4 Posts)
newstartamiready Mon 30-Jan-17 16:08:48

I always thought virtual pa's just answered the phone? I'm looking into it as an option to work from home.

How much do they realistically earn?
Is it better to work for yourself or a company / agency?
If you work for yourself how do you find the work?
Can you do it parttime?
What is required apart from answering the phone?

CrazyCatLaydee123 Mon 30-Jan-17 16:12:34

Following

Selok Tue 31-Jan-17 22:29:39

Hi, being a virtual PA in fact does not involve phone answering it is more of taking up on admin related tasks like data entry, creating newsletters, email and diary management, social media management, web content updating, blog writing. I have been looking to do start this a business myself. I have done a lot of research on this. Others who have been successful, seem to have found their clients through getting involved in networking events - a lot of them; they also value linked in as well when finding their clients. I have joined many facebook groups for VA's; I read a lot of others' experiences - so far I have seen that more experienced VA's tend to offer their own experiences as an added service to other newbee VA's, they sell training programs, or e-books that they prepared and so on. I could not find the realistic earnings on this yet. Good luck in your search xx

Clavender Mon 13-Feb-17 10:31:26

A friend of mine has a Pink Spaghetti franchise - google their website, it'll tell you about what a virtual PA does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now