Talk

Advanced search

Anyone a Pilates or Yoga Instructor?

(1 Post)
theguiltymother1 Wed 18-Jan-17 11:56:00

I am contemplating training as one....

Currently I do something totally different (business related) and freelance but I am finding it almost impossible to find flexible, freelance work in what I do. All the jobs at the level I am at are full time or minimum 4 days a week which doesn't work well with a DH who does long ish hours and two young DCs. It's also a v stressful job.

I am wondering if anyone has trained as a pilates instructor and if so what setting up your business looked like in terms of running classes / finding places to teach? I know there are classes in my area but no one is offering anything ante-natal based or aqua-natal which is the area I was thinking of focussing on.

I would not be looking to make lots of money from this, but I suppose once qualified and set up I would be hoping to make approx £250 a week working either during school hours or in the evening (I have childcare then). Is this a reasonable expectation? I live in a reasonably wealthy area in the North West.

I am pretty fit, flexible and healthy. Have been doing pilates and yoga myself on and off for 15 years so I have the interest there. I had initially thought of training to be a yoga teacher but realise the course is much longer and also much more expensive and had thought Pilates might be a better option to start with but I suppose lots of people might think this so there may be more competition!

Has anyone done this and if so have you got any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now