Talk

Advanced search

Work & children

(7 Posts)
Walker1984 Wed 07-Dec-16 06:37:28

Please advise. After a long time being a stay at home mum I've finally got back into work. Today is my 3rd day but my daughter has woken with the dreaded sickness bug, I've got to call work and explain that I'm not going to be able to come in, something I'm dreading, the only down side is she's not allowed to go back to school for 48hrs after she's last been sick but the way she's going for it at the minute it's looking like Monday before she's back at school. What do I do, my husbands gone to work and left me dealing with the sickness as he carnt cope when the kids are being sick, he's worked ever since he left school and has never took time off to look after kids if I've been poorly or even when the kids are poorly. I now feel I'm juggle a job and my children, I'm aware that if I don't go back to work til Monday I will loose pay which not to fussed about I'm just worried what they'll say about me returning Monday next week, schools and childcare are the same with the policy on 48 hrs after they were last sick, please help confused

lovelyupnorth Sat 10-Dec-16 11:56:45

If you where working for me and went off sick after 3 days you wouldn't last long.

Your DH really should pull his wait and share the responsibility on this.

Lucille2 Sat 10-Dec-16 12:57:59

Agree that DH needs to pull his weight and help look after sick children.

I had something similar happen last week. New staff member called in sick on Thursday after starting on Monday, her child has hand, foot and mouth. It's inconvenient but happens I'm afraid. I hope they're understanding when you return to work.

2014newme Sat 10-Dec-16 12:59:20

Husband needs to take time off not you in this case

PatriciaHolm Wed 28-Dec-16 15:49:05

You can't just not go in to work every time your child is unwell.

You need to arrange with your husband to share the care. Otherwise I suspect you will find yourself out of a job soon.

Parker231 Wed 28-Dec-16 16:39:47

I don't think your employer is going to be impressed- what are your plans for childcare arrangements when your DC's are ill? Is someone else having to cover your work? Your DH will need to take time off as holiday or emergency parental leave or you will have no job.

JaxingJump Wed 25-Jan-17 11:39:26

Your DH needs to step up. He is literally risking you losing your job....

Shows how much he cares.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now