Domestic Cleaning Equipment /Products Essentials

(3 Posts)
Salobrena Fri 11-Nov-16 14:09:13

I have been researching into starting up my own cleaning business.

I believe that I can provide a service that is professional and of a high standard.

I am considering offering two prices, based on whether or not the client supplies their own cleaning products. I would probably prefer to use my own, as I know that I will have what I need for each job. Though I do appreciate some clients may have allergies etc and prefer to provide their own products.

I am after some advice as to what products I will need and info on any good suppliers.

Thanks

Ldnmum2015 Tue 27-Dec-16 13:23:38

Hi Salobrena, its actually quite easy and inexpensive to start up cleaning. I am in London, so the basic rate is about £12 ph but some customers can pay up to £20 ph. I do a minimum of 2 hrs or £24. While alot of customers do provide cleaning products, for first time customers I arrive with the basics, such as limescale remover (we have alot of limescale in the water in London, but not all uk has!), dettox or a anti bacterial spray, method wood floor cleaner, furniture polish and toilet cleaner and toilet wipes. I get most of my products from Tesco or the wholefood shop does method and other cleaners kind to your hands and the environment. Avoid bleach, google the reasons why, but we haven't been allowed to use it for years now. Also get insured, its only about £250 per year in London, but it covers you for damage, but only over £500. Alot of my customers come via word of mouth, but you still need to set firm terms and guidelines as not all customers are the same and a nice customer may inadvertently recommend what I call a pita (pain in the arse) customer, so be prepared to re-negotiate and even drop customers. I put my rates up every april, to cover for inflation, also take into account time and time travel to the bookings, as I found a simple 2 hr booking can ending up taking the whole morning if you don't plan properly. Good luck with it, I have found some lovely customers.

Ldnmum2015 Tue 27-Dec-16 13:30:27

Good luck with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now