Talk

Advanced search

Help with choosing the tagline for a baby brand please!

(36 Posts)
doriditi Mon 01-Aug-16 14:37:05

Hi,

My name is Dora and I just wondered if you could give me some opinions about my tagline. I have been developing a baby product for just over 3 years, MEDAPTI – adapter for oral syringes to make giving medicine safe and effective (www.medapti.co.uk if you would like to see a short video of the product and more info). I am deciding on a tagline at the moment. As it is such an unknown product, I feel like I need to have some type of indication of what the product does (some suggested to have a very clear indication). Here are the options I have at the moment:

1. Medicine time: no struggles, just cuddles.

2. Safe and effective way to give medicine. No struggles, just cuddles.

3. Safe way to give medicine. No struggles, just cuddles.

4. Safe medicine time: no struggles, just cuddles.

5. Medicine time: no struggles, more cuddles.

6. Safe and effective way to give medicine. No struggles, more cuddles.

7. Safe way to give medicine. No struggles, more cuddles.

8. Safe medicine time: no struggles, more cuddles.

Which one do you like the most?? Even if you just put the Number, that would be so helpful. Thanks!

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Mon 01-Aug-16 14:40:14

I think the first one sounds best. Some of them are too lengthy and don't just trip off the tongue imo.

ButterflyOfFreedom Mon 01-Aug-16 14:41:56

doriditi Mon 01-Aug-16 14:42:26

Thanks ElsaAintAsColdAsMe

Flossiesmummy Mon 01-Aug-16 14:44:38

1 smile

KP86 Mon 01-Aug-16 14:45:52

1 for me, too.

doriditi Mon 01-Aug-16 14:46:43

Shame that there is no 'Thank you' button. Thanks a lot to Everyone in advance! :-)

CinderellaFant Mon 01-Aug-16 14:46:45

1 for me

Chilver Mon 01-Aug-16 14:56:37

Whitelisbon Mon 01-Aug-16 14:58:31

1 for me too

WatcherOfTheNight Mon 01-Aug-16 15:00:25

doriditi Mon 01-Aug-16 15:02:33

Hi, Thank you so much for the votes. 1 seems to be the favourite! If you voted one, do you think it indicats what the product does?? Thanks!

BearFoxBear Mon 01-Aug-16 15:13:47

Hi Dora, great idea.

I work in medical marketing, and as you're aiming this at a consumer market, I'd suggest that your tagline should describe what it does, so something like "Safe, simple medicine dispensing - no struggles, just cuddles"

Hth!

Kiwi32 Mon 01-Aug-16 15:17:16

Sounds like a great idea! Of what you've listed, 1. But I like Bear's suggestion too. Not sure if you're allowed to rip off Mary Poppins but 'helps the medicine go down' seems to be literally what your product does...! Good luck and look forward to being able to buy one at some point.

doriditi Mon 01-Aug-16 15:23:20

BearFoxBear I'm glad you like the product and thanks very much for the suggestion. It's a liitle similar to the third option: 'Safe way to give medicine. No struggles, just cuddles.' Quite a lot of people like this one. It seems to be between 1 and 3.
Thanks!

Etihad Mon 01-Aug-16 15:23:29

1 smile

Butteredparsnips Mon 01-Aug-16 15:24:53

doriditi Mon 01-Aug-16 15:24:55

Hi Kiwi32. Your post made me smile :-), yes, that would be so good to be able to use that but I'm pretty sure that would be going into trouble with copy rights. Very pleased you like my idea :-) Thanks!

Elbekind Mon 01-Aug-16 15:27:27

SavoyCabbage Mon 01-Aug-16 15:31:33

Like Kiwi says, Medapti helps the medicine go down. Brilliant.

I like Bear's too. The word dispensing is good.

elQuintoConyo Mon 01-Aug-16 15:33:21

1 and Bear grin

doriditi Mon 01-Aug-16 15:37:27

BearFoxBear and those who like Bear's suggestion... 'Safe and effective medicine dispensing. No struggles, just cuddles'.?? Thanks!

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Mon 01-Aug-16 15:46:58

I think you need to decide a few things.
1. What is the single most important thing to get across? You are trying to say one too many things - is it safe or is it easy? I think it's mostly about easy. As a parent with a baby it is difficult to get the medicine down her and definitely a struggle but doesn't feel unsafe.

2. Overall brand tone of voice. Ie
if you want to sound medical or nurturing. I think you want to be nurturing, based on 'no struggles just cuddles'.

'Safe dispensing' sounds medical and therefore jars with cuddles.

If 'safe' is to allay fears that your product is dangerous then don't say it, find a way to show it, probably through some sort of expert endorsement. You saying it doesn't convince me, as you would say that wouldn't you.

I would stick with 1.

doriditi Mon 01-Aug-16 15:54:29

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Thanks for your input, very useful. Main benefits about MEDAPTI are: safe (prevents from choking/protects gums, makes sure the whole dose is given), effective (helps the medicine go down/full dose is given), easy (simple operation/one hand use) - in this priority order. I definitely want to give it a nurturing tone. Helth professional recommendation is a must and this is what I want to have on the packaging but it is early days. Thanks

ThinkAboutItTomorrow Mon 01-Aug-16 17:44:09

Ok well if it is mostly about safety lead on that but don't confuse it with the message about struggle.

So something like 'peace of mind at medicine time' might work because it sells the end benefit in a nurturing way rather than just describing it functionally.

'No struggles, more cuddles' sells a nice end benefit (& reads well, although why cuddles not snuggles as that rhymes better?) but it sounds like it emphasises the 'wrong' benefit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now