Talk

Advanced search

Opening my own business???

(6 Posts)
Jghl1234 Fri 22-Jul-16 20:45:12

I'm wanting to open my own online business, how do I go about doing this?? Taxes, who do I tell about my business bank etc...website ???

IceMaiden73 Sun 24-Jul-16 13:54:00

Get along to an accountants for a free initial consultation - they will guide you through everything

olface Mon 01-Aug-16 12:36:20

Hi there! Prior to launching any business, start its promotion. You can use social media or SMS marketing along with printed promotional products. I personally used the help of the event agency ( proektainc.com/ ) to arrange some exhibitions to promote my business. They helped me land a few loyal wholesale buyers and a partner. I wish you good luck!

newmumwithquestions Mon 01-Aug-16 12:45:10

Get an accountant. I can pm you mine if you like - they have been great.
Then it depends on what the business is - buying domains and setting up company name emails is surprisingly easy and cheap and makes you look more professional. Have a Google as to whether you want to operate as a limited company or alternative (sole trader).
It's hard to say what you need to do without knowing your business though!

newmumwithquestions Mon 01-Aug-16 12:46:50

Also Google business bank accounts as you need one. I wouldn't really recommend mine. Again these are surprisingly easy to set up - do it before you are receiving any money's in.

lovelyupnorth Thu 04-Aug-16 11:07:22

We went with Yorkshire purely as free banking for 25 months

Get an accountant. Register with hmrc as self employed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now