Talk

Advanced search

Webstore - making sales

(9 Posts)
fionathepink Wed 27-Apr-16 21:21:35

What is everyone's best tips for turning webstore hits into sales?

purplefox Thu 28-Apr-16 10:23:29

Such a vague question which depends on so many factors -
What are you selling?
Where is your traffic coming from? - If it's not targeted traffic the chances of it converting to sales is low.
What's your current conversion rate?
Have you tested your user journey - what's the process to purchase? Are people dropping off/abandoning their carts?

fionathepink Thu 28-Apr-16 13:06:33

I launched this week, I got 150 hits in the first 3 days from Ravelry and Facebook predominantly (knitting business). Conversion rate is 2% but I am reminding myself it is the first week of trading. People are putting in their carts and then not checking out.

I know the business will work, I just want to know what else I can do to turn those carts into sales. I have press coverage coming over the coming months and a physical stall at the end of the year. I just want to make sure I make it to the end of the year.

purplefox Thu 28-Apr-16 13:43:29

Is there something in your purchase process that's making people abandon carts? Asking for too much information/delivery costs/payment options? It would be worth looking into this.

Is that paid or free traffic from FB?

Are you doing any email capture to build a mailing list?

fionathepink Thu 28-Apr-16 14:52:21

It is shopify so the payment is pretty standard, I've minimised it to the basics.

That's free traffic and I'm building the mailing list.

agemeyoung Fri 17-Jun-16 22:06:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

OreosOreosOreos Fri 17-Jun-16 22:10:46

Have you heard of brilliant business moms? They're American, but have a great podcast which I've got some good tips from.

OreosOreosOreos Fri 17-Jun-16 22:17:04

And agemeyoung could you please stop spamming the boards with your MLM crap?! I have reported you.

agemeyoung Fri 17-Jun-16 22:46:03

Of course, however this is not like other "MLM crap" if you had taken the time to look you would see that. Have a lovely evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now