Talk

Advanced search

Feedback on bibs

(13 Posts)
MyBabyPeach Fri 13-Nov-15 19:23:37

I am thinking of launching a new bib which is made of neoprene (waterproof material used for wet suits) and has a large crumb catcher that actually works! The bib is large enough to cover your babies whole torso and not just a small part of it which means they stay completely clean. I am interested in some feedback as to what parents think to this type of bib, ie: workable crumb catcher, waterproof but flexible and comfortable, large enough to keep your babies clothes completely clean.

I am a mum of two boys and have had so many problems with different types of bib's which is why I am looking at one that works!

Thanks in advance.

TheEagle Fri 13-Nov-15 19:26:29

It looks cute but for us the only bibs that do the job are ones with sleeves.

I like the waterproof idea - don't like the flannel type bibs because they don't wipe clean easily enough.

annatha Fri 13-Nov-15 19:30:33

Looks great to me, my only issue would be if it was too big and baby struggled to reach around it for food. I've got a neoprene bib with a supposed crumb catcher that doesn't actually catch anything so usually resort to the large rubbery bibs but this looks a lot comfier around little necks.

Just2MoreSeasons Fri 13-Nov-15 19:39:47

Looks good. I'm wondering how it dries though. I normally wipe down high chair and wash the purée dish and bib (plastic, pelican type)and leave on the drainer to dry ready fir the next meal in 3 hours time. Wouldn't it still be soaking wet then?

BikeRunSki Fri 13-Nov-15 19:46:46

it already exists. I had a couple of these for my DC. They're brilliant.

MyBabyPeach Sun 15-Nov-15 11:33:53

Hi, thank you for your feedback. Neoprene bibs do exist but the crumb catcher on the ones I have found don't really work at catching crumbs, do you mind me asking which ones you have?

Thanks

BikeRunSki Sun 15-Nov-15 11:37:40

I had th Bibetta ultra one I linked above, and thought it was fine.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 15-Nov-15 12:46:25

Hi MyBabyPeach - we're going to move this over to the Start-Ups topic.

CorBlimeyTrousers Sun 15-Nov-15 13:36:56

Yes I thought the Bibetta bibs worked fine and I agree that we needed sleeves when my son was really small and we did baby led weaning. We also used to take his trousers off :D

CurlsLDN Sun 15-Nov-15 14:20:18

We have the bibetta ones. The crumb catcher works fine, but I have problem a pp described - Every bit of sauce/milk etc during the meal soaks into them so they have to go in the washing machine after every meal, I hate that! Much prefer the wipe clean fabric type so I can at least use it for a day

MyBabyPeach Sun 15-Nov-15 17:08:18

Neoprene bibs we are trialing do wipe clean but they do need a machine wash after several uses. Personally I machine wash after a days use (3 meals) but they can go for longer, it is personal preference.

The crumb catcher on the Bibetta bibs for me tends to be a little too small which is what I find with all the neoprene bibs that I have tried.

CurlsLDN Sun 15-Nov-15 19:05:04

I do love the design and colours of yours

HeyMicky Sun 15-Nov-15 19:10:52

Need sleeves. With elasticated wrists. Otherwise clothes get dragged through the muck.

I'd want at least two days use before washing - my current bibs get rinsed in the sink immediately after use and hung by the tea towels and are dry by the next meal.

I don't really see the point of crumb catchers, tbh - just make the bib big enough to cover baby's thighs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now