Talk

Advanced search

Cleaner - Sole Trader

(3 Posts)
QforCucumber Thu 01-Oct-15 15:10:58

Just some words of advice really, after struggling to find a job for a few years my DM has been offered some cleaning work for some elderly neighbours - she has decided after doing this for a couple of months she might want to make a go of it as a business.

We have worked out a business plan of action and are getting some cards printed, and also I am sorting out a CRB check, the car insurance changes and public liability insurance (she's not great with the online things, much prefers hands on)

Is there anything we may have missed here?
Can cleaning become a livable income?

Any help would be greatly received.

balletgirlmum Thu 01-Oct-15 16:40:24

Has she registeredwith HMRC as self employed & got a UTR number?

Think you've got most of it covered there.

DanglyEarrings Wed 07-Oct-15 22:13:21

Cleaning can provide a very good job if you enjoy doing it.

If your mum needs the support of a domestic cleaners' trade association pm me, it's free to join ours at the moment and it's a wonderful organisation which is a world of support, it's for solo cleaners and larger cleaning business owners. We support one another and also there are all sorts of other benefits too, such as discounted supplies and equipment. It helps me loads.

You just need to prove to be insured and registered as a self-employed tax payer to join and then there's a wealth of information available.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now