Talk

Advanced search

Pitch to Rich idea for toys on holiday

(6 Posts)
paulinegod Mon 18-May-15 10:32:11

We are 2 mums who are putting a pitch to a Virgin funding competition (Pitch to Rich) for our business idea, Globe Hopping with Phileas Frog.

We want to set up a business that provides a pack of age-appropriate toys to small children when going on holiday, saving the problem we have all faced of how many and what toys to pack when taking kids away from home.

We would be delighted to hear your comments. Is this a service you would use? Is it worth exploring? The idea is you would order online, and the toys would be waiting for you at your destination. Bath toys, beach toys, toys to amuse a pre-schooler who wakes up crazy early. Location-appropriate and age-appropriate. No need to use limited and expensive baggage space on bulky toys, and an essential addition to the colouring and sticker books we all pack anyway.

Voting is only open until Weds 20 May at 5pm. We need 549 votes to get through to the next round.

Please please visit our page, and vote for us.
www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/pitch-to-rich/new-things/globe-hopping-with-phileas-frog/

Find us on Facebook and share www.facebook.com/globehoppingwithphileasfrog

Thank you so much
Pauline and Alice

InMySpareTime Tue 19-May-15 18:41:01

I suspect your main issues will be:
-storage and cleaning of toys
-checking safety of toys
-children like their own toys
-parents probably won't pay enough to cover the time, effort and expense of keeping the toys in good condition for each new customer.

ReallyTired Tue 19-May-15 18:43:11

Would it be cheaper for the parents to buy toys when abroad and simply throw them away. In fact when we went to Cyprus two years ago, the villa had some toys we could borrow. When we stayed in Eurocamp there were toys we could borrow.

Piratespoo Tue 19-May-15 18:47:28

What happens to the toys afterwards? It isn't clear..

MamaVikki Tue 26-May-15 10:32:57

I've read this too late - sorry!
Just wanted to say I think it's a great idea! How did you get on?
My main worry for you would be postage. Not only the cost but also you would need the guarantee that it's arrived in the right location at the right time. What if it's a large hotel complex? What if it's a self catering property where the owners aren't on site to receive post? Could be better to deal direct with the holiday provider?
Hope all going well X

semi Tue 23-Jun-15 16:09:11

If the toy choice was in some way linked to the destination that might be something different....Maybe kids could chose their toys as part of their 'we're going on holiday to destination x' conversation?
There would also need to be sufficient space left in the luggage for the toys safe return home in the child's/parents' luggage.
Or...what about pivoting your model completely and focusing on the hoteliers or even holiday providers? Good luck with it all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now