Talk

Advanced search

Baby product inventions, I would love your feedback.

(5 Posts)
doriditi Thu 07-May-15 19:04:52

Hi,

I would really appreciate if you could watch this 90 seconds video and let me know what you think. Do you like it? Would you buy it? How much would you buy it for?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCjchpq3PQ

Thank you in advance for all the comments!

Dora

Buddy2go Mon 18-May-15 23:21:59

Hi
I think it would've been far better to actually show your gadget being used, I really don't see the point in it but maybe I'm missing something. I perhaps would've spent a couple of pounds when I was trying to get ABs into my babies but I don't think it would've stopped them spitting / vomiting the vile stuff up again so then again....

Sorry not to be more helpful - a video of a difficult baby with and without gadget could be very persuasive though.

PoppySeedBun Mon 25-May-15 22:04:54

I don't really see the need for it, myself. When I've had trouble giving her calpol, it's been because she thrashes her head from side to side, and refuses to have it in her mouth, or just won't swallow and dribbles it back out again. I can't see (at least from that video) how this would help with those problems. However, we did buy a dummy with a syringe in. It never seemed to quite work as it should, but in the same spirit, I would probably have bought anything at the time that claimed it would make things easier! wink

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Mon 25-May-15 22:11:19

It's not something I've ever found to be a problem, but even if it is I don't see how this is any better than many of the other things of a similar type, like the dummy type things you can put meds in?

semi Tue 23-Jun-15 15:55:02

Hi Doraditi, I love it! Would agree with Buddy2go that you should show the problem more graphically and how the MediTip meets the solution - ie by directing the medicine into the cheeks like the health care professional's quote you highlighted (so a diagram perhaps).
Given that syringes are free come with medicine - one option might be for you to consider going directly to the pharma companies and pitching it as an innovation - clearly not before you've got your patent sorting (great that it's pending).
As for pricing, I've got no idea if you can buy the stand a lone syringes in the shops, so would expect to pay a premium on that price. Don't know what premium though - unless you could convince me that it was cleaner/safer/more durable - ie had a benefit of some kind that would be worth me paying for. Overall I love it though! Brilliant idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now