Talk

Advanced search

Tea Room Name

(13 Posts)
Kaz2200 Thu 19-Mar-15 19:46:38

Hi all I am looking at opening a tea shop, is will be in a small working class Yorkshire village, we have a cafe, but I'm looking to do something a little more upmarket, but not pretentious as our locals would not pay city prices. I will be also looking to sell something alongside maybe house decor stuff. Any ides for a name and what would sell.

catmadmum Thu 19-Mar-15 22:13:52

There is a place near me called Time for Tea. Also another lovely cafe called The Larder.

snowgirl1 Thu 19-Mar-15 22:32:03

I think The Larder sounds good. In the right font that could look contemporary and upmarket without being pretentious.

Kaz2200 Fri 20-Mar-15 06:46:01

I like The Larder , any ideas what I could sell alongside, maybe something a bit different from the usual cards and gifts

BikeRunSki Fri 20-Mar-15 06:53:14

Our Yorkshire village (not that affluent) has "The VillageName Tea Rooms".

They sells cards, post cards, jams, chutneys, second hand books and work by local artists.

CanToCandle Wed 01-Apr-15 20:54:06

How about show casing work from local crafters

babygiraffe86 Wed 01-Apr-15 20:55:15

Ours is in the old post office so has been aptly named 'stamps'

Queazy Mon 06-Apr-15 14:17:40

Or X's Pantry? (Insert your name)

Queazy Mon 06-Apr-15 14:20:28

I like the idea about local crafts. I'd go ceramics and paintings.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Mon 06-Apr-15 14:24:11

The Snug.

Yy to paintings - at least if they take a while to sell you get the benefit of artwork up.

Purplehonesty Mon 06-Apr-15 14:27:55

Another vote for the larder.

You could sell nice foods, coffee etc or go down the route of gifts (local crafts if poss)

If it's a small village it will be good to have somewhere people can buy a birthday present. So you could have nice soaps and handcreams, jewellery, house ornaments like hanging hearts and stuff like that.
And all the better if its local. Homemade fudge and sweet too maybe although you could do that yourself.
Can I come for a visit?!

SilverBirch2015 Mon 06-Apr-15 14:38:03

Who are your customer's likely to be: locals or passing through people? Think about what they might like to buy, that is not available elsewhere in the village.

Small gifts and speciality foods might work. Cards are easy to store and display and have good profit margins.

Kaz2200 Tue 12-May-15 09:55:44

Hi all thanks for your input, our village has a very good card and gift shop, bakery, florist, and a new aldi come shortly so thinking of coffee shop rather than tea rooms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now