Talk

Advanced search

anyone talk me through how to get my page liked on facebook to spread the word...

(6 Posts)
greener2 Sun 18-Jan-15 19:54:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pippidoeswhatshewants Sun 18-Jan-15 20:02:51

You can buy likes, but it will be more beneficial for your business to generate genuine likes.

Start by emailing everyone you know and tell them about your new website and Facebook page, ask them to like you (link at the bottom of your email!).

Are you a member of any local facebook groups? Tell them about you and your business.

"Like and share" competitions are quite good for generating likes, but only really work if you have a few likes already. Get people to like and share, draw a prize from everybody who did it.

It is hard work and can be slow going. Interesting, relevant posts will get you there in the end. Good luck!

greener2 Sun 25-Jan-15 22:03:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheWeddingGiftShop Tue 10-Feb-15 16:24:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

davidjrmum Wed 18-Feb-15 07:28:20

You may not find having lots of likes beneficial anyway as only a very small number of your followers see your posts unless you pay to boost your post. On average our posts are shown to less than 50 of our over 3300 followers unless we boost them.

LizzieMint Wed 18-Feb-15 07:33:45

I have found that Facebook likes are really not worth it. I got far better response from spending time on SEO to ensure my website was in the top 5 search results on google. I have a very localised service so likes from all round the country or around the world were useless to me - if you are selling something postable it would be a bit different.
But as davidjrmum says, posts generally get very little audience unless you pay.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: