Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone read how to start a business from your kitchen table

(10 Posts)
CanToCandle Thu 18-Dec-14 16:37:21

Hi there
Just wondered if anyone had read this book by the founders of not on the high street and if so was it any good. I am thinking of buying the book and before i do just wondered if anyone had read it as have started a small soy wax candle business and reckon the book may be useful.
Thanks in advance

CanToCandle Thu 18-Dec-14 20:05:28

Bump

CanToCandle Thu 18-Dec-14 23:16:16

Anyone

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Thu 18-Dec-14 23:17:28

No, but can't you see if the library has it?

landwhale Fri 19-Dec-14 00:13:16

I read half of it then lost interest- can't remember why now though.. The first few chapters were very biographical and not really what I was looking for. Also they talk a lot about the luck they had of starting during the rise of the internet/e-commerce which obviously has been and gone now. If it's cheap it's worth a read as it has lots Of checklists and a few helpful pointers for motivation/productivity grin

radiobedhead Fri 19-Dec-14 00:20:15

Hi CanTo.

DH did but he wasn't too keen on it.

He read this though which he liked: The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0670921602/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_l82Kub1464N3F

radiobedhead Fri 19-Dec-14 00:24:12

Could you have a skim in the library before buying?

CanToCandle Fri 19-Dec-14 09:29:04

Thanks everyone will have a look at library and will check out that book radiobedhead

davidjrmum Mon 29-Dec-14 19:43:01

We've been running an online business for over 4 years. I've read this book but didn't find it useful - there are lots of factors about their business which is different from selling products direct to customers (essentially they deal with retailers who sell products, they don't sell products directly themselves).

CanToCandle Sat 03-Jan-15 22:42:55

Hi Davidjuniormum managed to borrow it from a friend and agree, I am planning on selling direct to customers so lots not useful, what did you find useful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now