Advanced search

Insurance for po-up cafe

(4 Posts)
mrscumberbatch Thu 29-May-14 18:57:05

Go with a broker that promises you a fair cancellation fee then.

It's all negotiable- remember they'll get paid whether you take it for a week or a year.

rebeccon Thu 29-May-14 17:17:53

Thank you. Had wondered about this but a broker suggested cancellation fees might be steep. Could still be the cheapest option though. Will investigate further...

mrscumberbatch Thu 29-May-14 17:00:07

Take out an annual cover and pay it via direct debit. Cancel mid term. Taadaaah!

Short term cover usually costs more pro-rata so you'd be getting a better deal. Just make sure you know of cancellation fees etc.

Go through a broker, they'll scour the market for you. I get mine for events through AJGallagher, but there's tons of brokers to choose from.

rebeccon Thu 29-May-14 16:45:37

Hi, I have the opportunity to run a pop-up cafe for 2 weeks in the summer hols in a council-owned building in the local park. I am struggling to find temporary Public Liability cover for this period. Everyone wants to sell me an expensive annual cover. Can anyone advise where to go for this? Thanks in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now