Advanced search

Stock Insurance

(3 Posts)
ohtobemeagain Fri 21-Feb-14 11:34:55

We sell online via Ebay and Amazon. When we first started it was supposed to just be a bit of fun for DS's Business Studies course. It has now grown, and we have realised that we have nearly £10Ks worth of stock shock We hadn't realised that we had so much as it has been growing so slowly.

So now I need to look at stock insurance. Looking online is a nightmare - very few of the quoting systems list ecommerce or anything similar. Direct Line did, and the quote was exceptionally reasonable, so I rang them up and they basically said that as I sell abroad they wouldn't cover me, especially to USA as it is so litigious!

Others were happy to talk to me if I would move my Buildings & Contents insurance over, but we can't do this as we need specialist insurance.

Does anyone have any ideas of who I could go to for just stock insurance and public liability?

TalkinPeace Fri 21-Feb-14 19:41:19

Towergate or join the NMTF (National Market TRaders Association)

mrscumberbatch Mon 24-Feb-14 21:03:24

Go to an insurance broker. Giles insurance is one of the largest in the uk and specialises in small to medium businesses

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: