Advanced search

bullying mums

(7 Posts)
freebie Fri 17-Oct-08 12:17:09

hi a friend and i desperatly need help . trying to keep it brief , 2wks ago at school a mum ( with a reputation ) accosted me out of the blue in playground ranting on about something i had no idea what she was talking about , said a couple times i didnt think this was appropriate & if she had a problem with one of my children i felt she should have a word in private , another friend tried to help me out as she could see i was becoming upset , she persisted then started on other mum , . to cut long story short we have been to the police , they have been into school to spk with us & the head , visited the mum at home to have a chat , but she is continuing , but in a very clever way ,whispering in our ear intimidating us in many ways , swearing etc . unfortunately we do know there are genuine mental heath probs ,and in her mind we instigated the whole thing & she is the victim , this is not first time has happened , many people too scared to say anything so she gets away withit . weve now been told she is going to get an injunction against us -- for what we dont know ! ,called police again yesterday who saw us at home &today are going to make their presence known ( informally )at school pick up time , i have really had enough , its wearing me down & to be honest i'm frightened of what she may resort to next -- and the *** head seems to afraid herself to deal this in any way , sorry its cso long but had to sound off to someone !

PhantomOfTheChocolateCake Fri 17-Oct-08 12:42:28

sad It sounds like you are doing all the right things. The Police will support you. The head is probably too afraid if this woman is volitile. What a situation for you to be in. sad

Dingbatgirl Fri 17-Oct-08 19:35:27

If the police have a record of this, they will contact the authorities to let them know that she needs psychiatric treatment. You could also telephone the local hospital -they will not be able to give you any information, but if she is receiving treatment, they can keep a record of what is going on. I have a close relative who has suffered from paranoia, and I know how frightening this all is. Hope it gets sorted soon.

cocoleBOO Fri 17-Oct-08 19:39:01

Keep informing the police so there is a record, keep a record yourself of every incident-date and time. Would it be worthwhile getting a solicitors letter asking her to desist? I know if there is mental health problems this may not work.
It must be awful for you.

christywhisty Fri 17-Oct-08 22:24:59

At dd's school she would probably have been banned from the school premises, however given that she may have mental health problems this may on exacerbate the problem

MrUmble Wed 29-Oct-08 14:06:49

The police will back you up, if shes mental Im sure they will have noticed.

nasrin Sat 30-Jul-11 18:31:58

hello there sorry to heasr you are going through a terrible time.

I think you are doing the right thing in informing the police and I can emphasis how you feel as I too have experienced a simialer situation. Such people need to be dealt with in a calam, patient manner through using the support of professionals such as police, school, education and social services. therefore you are dealing with you situation in a postive way.. Be strong and continuing in informing police, also record all event and incidents of time, date, venue and any witness such as adult, children. As this will help you to remember when communciating with professionals.. all the best.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: