Talk

Advanced search

Little brag so please humour me

(6 Posts)
Ourmaud Thu 07-Mar-19 22:54:50

Saw a girl who was a couple of years above me in school earlier today in passing and she stopped me to say my Dd1(year 11) had waded into a group of yr 10 girls tormenting her dd (14) in the school yard and can I thank her. Apparently 4/5 of them had been accusing the girl of something ridiculous with one of their boyfriends or something equally petty and it had escalated over weeks into her bag and pe trainers being damaged. Dd heard one of the older ones threaten to rip the younger girls face off and intervened (probably with similar threats if I’m honest. She won’t say) She then took the girl between her lessons and let her sit with her group at lunch all week because she was scared. She didn’t know the kid from Adam and certainly didn’t know I knew her mum but when I asked dd about it she just said bullying makes her cringe and if she sees them at it again they will regret it.

I have to highlight that Dd1 had a huge traumatic event in yr 9 and has been doing counselling via camhs and Krav Maga classes as a therapy/ empowerment aid so for her to voluntarily put herself in that situation is amazing!
I’m so proud of her but didn’t want to make a huge deal to her face as she’s funny about praise. Dd just makes my heart burst with the progress she’s making and the person she’s becoming.
Sorry if it’s in the wrong sub- let me know if I need to move it.

TrainSong Thu 07-Mar-19 23:10:10

That's such a gorgeous story. You have every right to be proud of her. If everyone who witnessed bullying behaved like she did, there'd be a lot less of it.

Bookworm4 Thu 07-Mar-19 23:13:11

Well done to your lovely girl, my DD did a similar thing a few years ago and it makes you incredibly proud to know they are good people and it also influences their friends to know bullying is wrong.

Ourmaud Thu 07-Mar-19 23:15:39

I’m just so proud of her because I know she’ll have been bricking it internally but she did such a kind thing.

Right, I’ve had my moment of being “that mother” and I’ll stop bragging now- no doubt she’ll tarnish her halo soon with backchat or the like.grin

Wearywithteens Thu 07-Mar-19 23:15:43

What a brave girl and so lovely of her to have looked after the girl afterwards. She will remember your daughter for a long time. Well done her! You are right to be proud of her. smile

SatsumaFan Sat 09-Mar-19 10:28:47

Well done to your brave and brilliant dd smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »