Talk

Advanced search

Racism

(2 Posts)
Lollipopslife17 Fri 14-Dec-18 12:11:19

My son (year 2) was called black chocolate bar by boy in reception yesterday and my son’s friend called the boy white chocolate.

My husband was told by his teacher that they have contacted the boys parents and told them he called my son black chocolate.

I am very angry as this is not the 1st time someone as said this to my son at Sch.i took the issue up with the Sch d 1st time and the Sch called the boys parents and then called me back passing on their sincere apology and said she told the boy to write my son and apology letter which we never got but I just left it as it was the 1st time and and they said the boy is got a bit of learning difficulties.

I Dont know what to do with this recent episode yesterday as I was planning to go to the Sch today but thought I should wait and see if the Sch will do nothing further. I mean I do not know what can done to a child in reception .

But, is it that Schools do not have a procedure in dealing with this sort of racist comments?

What can I do or what can I suggest the school does to stop these racist comments

theEnginerd Fri 04-Jan-19 20:24:52

I honestly think you're overreacting right now. A 4 year old in reception has no clue what prejudice and racism even is, let alone what is and isn't racism. That doesn't mean it isn't wrong, but looking at it from the kids eyes, he's probably just making a comparison.

I do, however think you should monitor this closely to see if anything more malicious develops.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »