Talk

Advanced search

I witnessed something wwyd?

(11 Posts)
AnnbWinters14 Tue 20-Nov-18 09:12:02

I witnessed something today when dropping my son at reception class. I was disturbed by that, but I really don’t know what to make of it. When dropping my son, the class was still closed so we had to wait for it to open. In the playground there was a group of boys, I don’t know which class they belonged to, but they should be around 13 yo. It was a group of 5 or 6 boys, one of them was distinguishly smaller in height and size, the others bigger. The bigger boys, one each time punched the smaller one, one punch each, on the shoulder. One of them then explained the smaller one: ‘yes, now it’s your turn when we are finished punching you can do it’ the smaller one replied back ‘that’s been going on for years now, why are you doing it now and f**** explaining it to me’. During the whole event I could see a difference of power between the smaller one and the others. Obviously the smaller one was not playing with the others and not keen on the whole play either... It seemed to me that the bigger boys ganged around the smaller one. What would you do? Should I report it to school?

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 20-Nov-18 09:14:57

Yes.

DramaAlpaca Tue 20-Nov-18 09:15:51

Yes

Angelik Tue 20-Nov-18 09:17:44

Ffs of course. Immediately. That poor little boy is being systematically bullied. Report it and if you see it again raise merry he'll.

LimitIsUp Tue 20-Nov-18 09:24:58

You have to ask? Blimey

Santaispolishinghissleigh Tue 20-Nov-18 09:26:31

Did you report it op?

AnnbWinters14 Tue 20-Nov-18 09:41:00

hi all and thank you all for the replies. I send an email to the Headteacher With the description of what happened. Let’s hope that this can de addressed.

AnnbWinters14 Tue 20-Nov-18 09:42:31

I did ask because there were other parents at the gate and they did not seemed troubled by it. Or maybe I was the only one paying attention.

LimitIsUp Tue 20-Nov-18 10:44:56

Probably the latter. Well done for reporting it

Angelik Wed 21-Nov-18 17:32:09

I hope head replies and well done for reporting. Imagine if it was one of your dc being bullied. You'd want to know.

Butterflies1418 Fri 11-Jan-19 11:34:27

You definately did the right thing, I would request to know what follow up action is being taken so you know something is being done. If you can find out who the parents are of the smaller child maybe mention it to them to make sure they're aware. If my child was involved in this in anyway I'd want to know. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: