Talk

Advanced search

Bullying and mental health

(3 Posts)
Hughes82 Tue 13-Nov-18 10:27:48

I've experienced bullying with all 3 of my children. My eldest was bullied to the point he tried to commit suicide. Although he has now left education.
My middle child is being bullied also, she is bullied at school and social media. She has no respite from it at all. We have tried to get counselling help but all they offered was a group anxiety course which she's not finding helpful. The school have tried to help (didn't work) we have now chosen to move her schools which is not ideal when in year 10 but feel it is the only viable option left. We have applied for a place but have to wait for one to become available, can anyone offer any other suggestions on what we can do in the meantime? I don't feel qualified to provide her at home education but cannot leave her in this school any longer. Any ideas or help would be gratefully appreciated as we don't know what else we can do.

Lara53 Fri 23-Nov-18 22:16:20

Remove her from school and buy the textbooks so she can keep going while you wait for a place or enrolmin something online like Interhigh

itsaboojum Sat 24-Nov-18 16:55:53

Search online for bullying charities, there are a few which can offer support.

Search also for local home-ed support. A lot (probably the majority) of parents who successfully home-ed their children start out feeling they aren’t qualified. Remember you helped your children learn far more in the time before they started school than they ever will in their remaining childhood and adolescent years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: