Talk

Advanced search

Bully at school

(3 Posts)
SOKhan Tue 06-Nov-18 11:16:23

Hi ladies! I'm looking for some advice. My daughter recently started Reception and all was going well until a few weeks ago. She's become close to this other girl who she calls her best friend but this girl says hurtful things to my little girl and it's really upsetting me now.

My daughter is quite shy by nature so looks to 'hook' onto someone to give her the confidence to mingle with other kids. She's very sociable on a one to one basis and never has problems making friends in the park.

I just don't know how to handle the situation. I know the mother and when I bring it up she shrugs it off as oh that's just kids for you. I had to mention it to the teacher today. Please tell me if I'm over reacting. Examples of the things this girl has done/ said: thrown pens at my daughter, pushed her out of the way intentionally, told my girl no one loves her, told her so and so is not her friend but is this girls friend.

I know some of it comes out of jealousy as my daughter gets lots of gold stars and this girl doesn't. Also this girl can't read yet and my daughter can.

Looking for some advice please

DeeStopia Tue 06-Nov-18 11:21:11

God you poor thing. No, you're not over-reacting.
I'd probably try and arrange play dates with other children..?
And also, I know it's difficult at the school gates, but you do have to be firm with other parents. So when her mother says "It's kids for you" (what utter bollocks), you have to make it clear that it's not acceptable. Maybe practice what reaction would feel better for you. "Well it's making my daughter unhappy, so sort it out please." "The problem with your daughter bullying mine seems to be continuing. It's not acceptable so I'd appreciate it if you do something about it." If you're anything like me, it will feel HORRIBLE to be so firm, but I think you have to really.

Giantbanger Tue 06-Nov-18 11:23:11

Don't go to the mother, go to the teacher at school and they should sort it.

Going to the mother is never ever going to work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »