Talk

Advanced search

Workplace bullying

(9 Posts)
lilypoppet Tue 06-Jun-17 17:45:33

A young colleague at work had me in tears today after she decided to take me to one side and let me know I was stressing her out for various different reasons. She's a bit full of herself and not really my type and I am clearly not hers either. Anyway she is in a band and I've watched her on YouTube murdering a few previously wonderful soul classics. AIUR for taking pleasure out of the sheer awfulness of her various performances? She obviously thinks her work in the band is wonderful smile

scurryfunge Tue 06-Jun-17 17:47:50

Forget the band nonsense and deal with any bullying.

LedaP Tue 06-Jun-17 17:55:06

So she knows you have been taking the piss out of her videos?

RebelRogue Tue 06-Jun-17 17:57:07

How is she bullying you?

lilypoppet Tue 06-Jun-17 17:59:46

No she doesn't know I took the piss out of her videos. She just targets me as someone who stresses her out because she says, "I do things illogically while she does them logically". She was quite passive agressive about it. It was just a little light relief to watch in private her terrible singing. Made me feel better, that's all.

LedaP Tue 06-Jun-17 18:10:15

Not really sure of she is bullying you tbh.

But you dont sound very pleasant. Maybe you have missed a vital bit of your post?

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Tue 06-Jun-17 18:13:05

You sound more of a nasty piece of work than her tbh.
She certainly isn't bullying you.
Maybe you'd get a better reaction to your pigtail pulling in AIBU?

RtHonMistress Tue 06-Jun-17 18:21:04

I'm reading this as her not being terribly confident within her role at wherever it is that you work - after all, she's young and stressed out by the way you do things - and perhaps not fulfilling her potential and trying to solve that.

As a PP said perhaps you missed a vital piece of information that makes this actually 'bullying' but telling someone the way they do things stresses them out is hardly bullying and I don't see why that would make you cry, unless there was more to it than stated in your OP?

The singing thing is just downright nasty though. It has nothing to do with what she said to you.

monkeywithacowface Tue 06-Jun-17 18:25:17

Not seeing the bullying here unless there is a lot more too it that you aren't saying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: