Am I allowed to ask this??

(15 Posts)
BLONDIEMUMMY Thu 20-Apr-17 17:34:40

My son is 6, has SEN - asd, spd etc etc. Hes in year 1 and is much smaller than his peers and behind educationally. He's a loving boy but just can't keep his attention on one thing for too long. Anyway- today after an appt I was taking him back to school- queue huge meltdown. Transpires he was kicked in the had at break time by this horrid little shithouse well call K.
I've complained about k numerous times to ta, class teacher, senco and today the headteacher. Can I ask for him to be moved to another class as my already struggling son is getting anxiety about being faced with this little toad!

BLONDIEMUMMY Thu 20-Apr-17 17:36:17

**kicked in the head

SoupDragon Thu 20-Apr-17 17:37:35

Of course you can't.

BLONDIEMUMMY Thu 20-Apr-17 17:39:00

Because?

SoupDragon Thu 20-Apr-17 17:39:16

And you're going to get hell for referring to a 6 year old, who may well have SNs himself, as a "horrid little shithouse"

BLONDIEMUMMY Thu 20-Apr-17 17:40:03

this boy does not have SEN.

SoupDragon Thu 20-Apr-17 17:40:23

You can't ask for another child to be moved. Ask for yours to be moved' you stand more chance of success (although still virtually none)

cordeliavorkosigan Thu 20-Apr-17 17:41:28

Go beyond that. Don't "complain about" K. Instead, get a copy of the bullying policy. Find out what the school and senco plan to do to protect your child - what measures will they put in place? if you do not get a strong response and the problem is not resolved very, very soon, go to the chair of governors. Keep a factual, un-emotional record of each incident, what happened, when & where, and if appropriate, what the school said would be done / what was agreed. No child should be kicked in the head at school (or anywhere else). Not ever, SEN or NT or anyone! Obviously.

BLONDIEMUMMY Thu 20-Apr-17 17:44:28

Thank you Cordelia, this is all new to me. I'm going to do just as you've advised.

befuddledgardener Thu 20-Apr-17 17:45:49

Ask for him to be moved or for your son to move.

Wolfiefan Thu 20-Apr-17 17:48:19

The school should inform you if your child had a head injury.
You can't ask for another child to be moved or refer to them as a shithouse and a toad.
You can ask what school will do to keep your child safe. You have no say over what happens to the other child.

Kennethwasmyfriend Thu 20-Apr-17 17:49:47

You can't know at 6 that a child definitely doesn't have any additional needs. Not what is going on in his home life.
You ds was hurt at break - that won't be helped by a new class. You certainly do need to keep complaining though, you shouldn't have to bring up the same issues over and over.

BLONDIEMUMMY Thu 20-Apr-17 17:53:34

The school didn't know, he didn't tell anyone as is the nature of him he feared he would be in trouble. I have the head injury forms for other occasions in their 10s from last term alone!
Both boys attend an after school club and I've observed how k treats him literally picking him up and dropping him. I'm not saying my son is an absolute angel however I've had no reports about his behaviour at school at who'd want to be in the know if he was persistently nasty to another child.

BLONDIEMUMMY Thu 20-Apr-17 17:55:01

I recall children being moved classes in my primary and high school when bullying was apparent, maybe things have dramatically changed now!

Astro55 Thu 20-Apr-17 18:13:48

Ask for a copy of the behaviour policy and complaints procedure

Read them

Keep things based on your child

DS feels
DS tells me
DS cries when
DS is scared to

Keep your emotion out of any discussion

Then say I would like X to happen
- I will agree to Y if there's a review in X days

The AB policy isn't worth the paper it's written on without the other policies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now