Talk

Advanced search

When the bully is the child of someone important in school

(9 Posts)
MrsT2007 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:03:12

What's the best way to progress?
My (8yo) child is being underhandedly bullied by the child of one of the governors. Pillar of the community etc. Their child can do no wrong but child is not as innocent as makes out.

It's been going on a while now. Long story, but how does one handle it when the 'power' is with the other parents.

OhTheRoses Wed 08-Mar-17 20:04:33

In exactly the same way as you would if the parent wasn't a governor.

Neolara Wed 08-Mar-17 20:08:48

I agree with ontheroses. I'm a governor. If any of my kids were behaving badly I'd be absolutely bloody furious if they were treated leniently because of my position.

Floggingmolly Wed 08-Mar-17 20:12:13

It should make no difference at all. A governor's child is not more "important" than your child.

MrsT2007 Wed 08-Mar-17 20:29:53

Thanks.

Dealing with the family that's very much top dogs, and their precious moppet who can do no wrong.

Except she isn't as pleasant as her parents think. It's going to be a hard job but I have to look after DD

Chickenkatsu Thu 09-Mar-17 19:21:41

You'll need to gather some evidence

nicknamehelp Thu 09-Mar-17 19:33:50

My ds was bullied by the heads son teachers didn't want to tell bully off for fear of upsetting their boss. In the end I approached head detailed bullying behaviour got him to admit it was bullying them dropped the bomb shell it was his son doing it so i had him by the short and curlys! Bullying soon stopped!

Chickenkatsu Thu 09-Mar-17 20:06:52

Ha, well done nickname

Userone1 Thu 09-Mar-17 20:12:58

Each and every time your child is bullied, report the incident to school in writing.

If they do not take it seriously report to board of governors.

If they do not take it seriously report to local authority.

If they do not take it seriously report to Ofsted, local MP etc.

And so and on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now