Talk

Advanced search

DD pushed and punched by boy,what should school response be??

(4 Posts)
Karen333 Wed 01-Mar-17 09:47:13

Hi,

My DD was pushed backwards into some doors at school in the playground (she is in year 5). She tried to reported it to the teacher but I heard nothing so I rang to ask what had happened and was told he had been told off and his parents informed.
The following week the same lad pushed her again so she ran off, he followed her and punched her. She told the teacher (supply teacher this time) who did nothing so I went to the head. She said she would look into it and get back to me. This was the Friday before half term.
DD went back after half term and DH picked her up, teacher knew nothing about it, hadn't been told. She has separated them because she was sitting next to him.
I have spoken to pastoral support today and she is going to find out for me what is going on (supply teacher again now).

How should the school be dealing with this? Surely they should be keeping me informed of what the consequences/punishment is without me having to keep chasing it up? What would appropriate punishment be? Should he have to apologise? (My DD has been in this situation before with a girl who never had to apologise, bullied people for years and is still at the school but in another class) I feel like the school don't take it seriously enough.

Should i be asking for it to be recorded in a behaviour file or similar??

Thanks.

Karen333 Thu 02-Mar-17 22:54:54

Can anyone help please??

endofthelinefinally Thu 02-Mar-17 23:00:09

You must put everything in writing or email.
Were there any witnesses?
Ask for written responses and details of how they plan to keep your dd safe in future.
If your dd was injured you must make sure this is documented by your gp.

Astro55 Sat 04-Mar-17 23:04:41

No they shouldn't tell you abou the boy but theyshould put in place safeguarding measures go your child - move her way - safe place teachers aware

But yes everything in writing - never via general 'chats' because yo Ned a paper trail

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now