He doesn't fit in

(9 Posts)
Pam24 Fri 07-Oct-16 21:29:00

My 5 year old son doesnt seem to fit in at school. His first week went so well and he seemed really happy but 2 days into his second week he kept saying he didnt want to go to school,he was 2 tired and crying loads,evenings and mornings hsve become a nightmare. I put it down to the long days,over tired and thought it would settle down.I spoke to his teacher who said he is doing well in lessons. At dinner time we all talk about are days,what we liked and dont like about them,he started talking about 2 boys being unkind to him. He went to the pre-school at his current school were these boys didnt. I told him that maybe they were finding it hard settling in. In pre-school his only friend was a girl they played alot together and he never spoke about anyone else. She seems to have made friends with some new girls so he seems to be left out. When his class come out at the end of the day the children all run off together,screaming,holding hands,playing etc but he never joins in he only watches. One of the children had a birthday party last week. I was really sad to see that he wasnt really playing with anyone and went off on his own. I kept trying to encouage him to play with the others but they all seemed to not inclued him so he would just walk off on his own. He keeps talking about these 2 boys being unkind to him at playtime,pulling his arms,sitting on his back,pushing him. Ive spoke to his teacher who has made out its not as bad as my son is saying.. Every night he asks not to go to school and crys,tonight he has gone to bed no problem,no tears because he knows its the weekend tomorrow. I hate that he hasn't fitted on 😣

chocolateworshipper Sat 08-Oct-16 21:36:15

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please speak to the teacher - I'm sure he/she would want to know and will be able to suggest ways to help

DixieWishbone Sat 08-Oct-16 21:47:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dragongirl10 Sat 08-Oct-16 21:47:47

That is horrible, and the school need to take this seriously as bullying causes huge and long lasting damage to Dcs.

Make an appointment with the head, be calm but determined, say what has been happening and the extent of the upset to your DS, say what you want done ie separation of these boys to your Ds at break/lunch and a record kept of what happens daily for say 2 weeks then another meeting.
Don't be brushed off or sidelined.

The school have a duty of care to your son and have to tackle this. l feel so sad for you poor scared boy, no child should be scared to go to school.

Good luck

Pam24 Mon 10-Oct-16 11:02:20

Thanku for the replies. He was crying so much this morning going in. Ive emailed the school and have a meeting with his teacher on Wednesday after school

DixieWishbone Mon 10-Oct-16 16:59:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KylieJo Tue 11-Oct-16 14:28:21

I do believe the 2 boys could be the reason behind this. When a child is getting bullying, they don't feel like getting involved in anything else.

braceybracegirl Tue 11-Oct-16 14:32:09

I wouldn't be happy with the teachers response at all. They need to take this more seriously. Her perception might be that it's not that bad but it clearly is as it's affecting your son. Good luck OP you will have to be more forceful with his teacher and tell her firmly that your son is being bullied and something needs to be done. Poor wee mite.

jehovahjireh05 Sat 12-Nov-16 15:58:01

My son has been suspended at school for apparently sending a picture of himself wearing just his boxers to a fellow student who is a girl. No evidence whatsoever was provided to us on this case. My son is denying this. The letter which the school wrote said he sent a picture of his genitals to a girls. Upon speaking to the head of his form he said my son was in his boxers.
The second case was that he had called out the words 'cut, cut," to a girl who self harms. Upon investigation by a senior member of staff it was found that there was no evidence, however, this case was also mentioned in the letter.
I know you can go through governors if one has a grievance but I never trust that avenue because because I believe they are powerless. Pls could anyone help because they are threatening to remove him from the boarding house, in other words, expel him because without a boarding place he can't go to that school because we live far. My son tells me that he is happy at the boarding school and there has never been a problem involving him at the boarding house. So, let's say he did this, how has that got to do with him boarding. The school said the girl sent provoking messages to my son's phone before this. But again we have no evidence of this. I have a feeling that it's certsin adults who are against my son. He is an A student, good in sports but playful like most teens. Please help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now