Talk

Advanced search

bullying how to deal with parents

(5 Posts)
heartmummy72 Wed 03-Aug-16 16:00:44

Please can someone offer me advice. My DS who was 10 was treated badly by his friend at school and subjected to shouting, put downs and aggression over a period of time. The teacher called me for a private chat in the playground at lunch-time and alerted me to to. The mother of this child (who I am friends with) saw this interaction and began to quiz me mercilessly about what had gone on. She then ran into the school herself and demanded to know what her son had been accused of saying he had said he had done nothing wrong. My own boy was heartbroken. The mother then blamed me saying I had not dealt with it properly and had I come to her she would have stopped it! I said i would rather let the teacher put in strategies and we should not let it affect our friendship. Since then she has ignored me, refused to call me or be friends which had made me tearful and caused extreme anxiety. I am angry at her reaction and feel she has damaged our friendship but have knots in my stomach every time I see her. My little son is better and has healed over the past three or four weeks and the school sorted it all out. Any advice on how to deal with this? My other friends say I should walk away as we are the ones who have been treated badly. There was no apology or acceptance of the situation by her but the school first raised the bullying issue not me. Please advise

MissElizaBennettsBookmark Sat 06-Aug-16 03:21:23

I haven't any advice I'm afraid OP but I didn't want to read and run.

Sounds as though the other mum's friendship is not worth having. I should let it go and move on. She will fall out with plenty of other mums too...

Hope your child is ok...

FABClubSecretary Mon 08-Aug-16 10:04:58

It's a shame that the other mother has reacted this way and it doesn't look like you could have done anything to prevent it. Perhaps she has had time to think about it now and can see your point of view. If you value her friendship, dropping round a card to say that much may help (even though you are in the right, you can make a peace offering).

If not, it is probably best to move on.

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Mon 08-Aug-16 10:14:18

So she behaved in an intimidating way to you. I would leave them to it. Friends don't behave that way.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Mon 08-Aug-16 11:06:20

I had a similar situation. I complained to the school about my dd being bullied and my friend who works there took it personally. Said I didn't know my own child and that she was a liar. Friends like that you can do without.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now