Talk

Advanced search

reception dd violently shaken by boy year 3

(3 Posts)
WienerDiva Thu 17-Mar-16 10:25:13

Just that really.

My dd(5) didn't even mention it to me but one of the other mums did.
She said her child came home and told her about it, apparently my dd was sat and 4 boys went over to her whilst she was eating her snack.
My dd was with me at the time she was telling me this, (we were just doing the drop off) so I asked my dd if that was correct to which she said yes and she proceeded to tell me that they were shouting questions at her that she couldn't answer so one of them grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her very hard.

At this point an older child came and got her (was looking for dd anyway) and it was this child's mum that told me.

The boy who apparently did this is in year 3 and the three others with him are the same age as him or older. My dd didn't know all of their names.

Dd goes to a private school with VERY small classes (only 6 children in reception). There were no more than 50 children in the playground and two teachers were supervising.

I suppose I'm asking what would you expect to happen now?

And am I right in thinking this is really awful behaviour that shouldn't be expected of boys that age? I don't mind if I'm wrong but I don't know of any boys that would act like that.

I did ask dd why she didn't tell me, she said that she didn't want me upset and that she felt nervous and scared to tell me or a teacher.

She's never normally backwards at coming forwards if there's an issue, makes me wonder what was said to her.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Thu 17-Mar-16 14:55:10

I would inform the class teacher so they can look in to it. They can't help if they don't know.

It's not good behaviour - and should be dealt with - an apology and a telling off or missing break times.

WienerDiva Thu 17-Mar-16 19:25:07

Thanks for the reply Sally, I did tell the teacher and the punishment is missed breaks for the rest of the week.

He was made to apologise in front of the class too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now