Talk

Advanced search

DD 10 8 think is being bullied. How bad before I need to speak to teacher?

(8 Posts)
Happydays50 Fri 11-Dec-15 21:39:14

Thank you for reading.
My DD is last year of primary school, all has been fine, she has lots of different friends, but also one particular friend.

There is a system in class where the children can write notes to each other and the teacher delivers them out every other day or so,

My daughter has received a couple of letters from a so called friend saying that she is not friends with DD anymore, and generally a nasty letter, because she ( my DD ) is friendly with another girl( her particular friend)

DD is upset as she really likes the girl who wrote the letters and they have been good friends for 5 years.
Is this something that will blow over, typical 10 year old stuff, or do I involve the teacher?
Also, how does DD cope with this?
Thanks for any advice.

Happydays50 Fri 11-Dec-15 21:40:07

Sorry title should say, 'I think' not '8'

Hatethis22 Fri 11-Dec-15 21:41:49

Teacher. I'd want the 'letter system' stopped for a start.

Happydays50 Sat 12-Dec-15 15:08:35

I hadn't considered this.
Because it is open to abuse?
I guess its a good thing when things are going well but can lead to abuse.

Perhaps I will talk to the teacher on monday.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sat 12-Dec-15 15:14:01

Nip in in the bud before it gets nasty. If the teacher continues she should read them first!! DD should forward note to teacher. Speak up.

billabye Sat 12-Dec-15 15:15:48

I've not heard of this letter system before. Is it common practice in schools these days? I can't think of any point/benefit and certainly think that it's a potential platform for bullying and unpleasantness. Does the teacher not read the notes before passing them on? Agree with pp that i'd want it stopped or monitored.

EvaBING Sat 12-Dec-15 15:19:35

What a ridiculous operation! It's like teaching them how to bully on facebook!
Why is the teacher not monitoring these notes?

Happydays50 Sat 12-Dec-15 21:21:28

Good points, hadn't seen the negative side to the notes until now.
Will follow it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now