What makes you most angry about Bullying?

(7 Posts)
donemekmelarf Sat 16-May-15 08:37:29

I remember some years ago, one of my children was being bullied at school.
As well as being in regular contact with the class teacher and Head of Year to try and sort things out, I decided to try to find as much out about bullying as possible by reading up on it.

I took out loads of books from the library (from lots of different sections) and after reading all of them, it really dismayed me to find there was absolutely NO reference to bullys having to change their behavior.
It seemed to mainly be all about how the person being bullied should change their behavior and ways.

Not once did I come across a situation where the bully was punished or spoken harshly to for their behavior.
I got the impression that the bullys were treated as victims and had to be pussyfooted around.

I hope things have moved on from then still makes me angry

SallyMcgally Tue 19-May-15 01:21:27

That makes me furious too. What makes me most furious is feeling absolutely helpless. And what makes me saddest is remembering my little boy's bright, hopeful face in his brand new school uniform, little knowing how things would pan out.

momtothree Tue 19-May-15 18:50:05

I am angry that teaching staff do not have training on the impact that bullies have on their victims.I am angry that the education board offer no suppprt and refer parents back to school. I am angry that schools will not admit to there being a problem to outside agencies. I am angry tjat no record of incidents are kept and shared with parents. I am angry that bystanders do nothing and therefore`agree` with the bully. Not much really - talking 12 months ago.

TheUnwillingNarcheska Wed 20-May-15 17:50:19

I am angry when someone says "yes but they have a hard home life" I do not care, they have to be taught by someone that their behaviour is unacceptable.

knickernicker Wed 20-May-15 17:54:47

Despite all the publicity about anti bully ing, schools still don't really address girl on girl bullying.

crje Wed 20-May-15 17:58:09

My ds was bullied & we have had to rebuild him over the last 12 mts.
The bully walks around unchanged by what went on.

It is awful

Slippersmum Mon 22-Jun-15 14:09:06

The lack of time spent working on empathy with children in particular primary schools. Often issues are dismissed as 'telling tales' rather than being taken seriously. I work in a primary school class and I can see now the children who are going to make other children's lives hell in a few years. I do all I can to address everything but I feel like I am the only one (I am sure I am not) but there are not enough staff working from a zero tolerance perspective.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now