Talk

Advanced search

DS (yr2) has been punched in breaktimes by another boy....

(7 Posts)
simpson Tue 18-Oct-11 16:28:35

Hi

When I went to pick up DS from school today the teacher asked for a quick word and basically said that DS had drawn on another boys work today, when she questioned him more it became apparent that the boy had ripped/scribbled all over DS's work first so he had retaliated iyswim. The teacher had thought it totally out of character of DS which was why she had spoken to him at some length before getting to the truth.

She said boys have now been separated etc and for me to tell DS that if anyone damages his work to tell teacher etc and she has told him the same thing.

However when I was talking to DS about it just now it has become clear that another boy (still in DS's class) has been punching him at breaktimes on a regular basis sad

It has got so bad that one of DS's friends has been bullied into punching DS too because he is frightened himself sad

DS has been happy enough in himself and is doing well at school which is why I have not picked up on it before blush

What do I do??? I guess I have to go back to the teacher tomorrow as the boy punching DS in the playground was not even mentioned today iyswim

activate Tue 18-Oct-11 16:31:26

You tell the school immediately what DS has said (remembering that kids make things up - yes even your kid) and you let them look into and deal with it

you ask for feedback about how they are going to ensure your DS's safety during breaktime in future but you do not ask what they are doing to the other children

simpson Tue 18-Oct-11 22:27:15

tbh the way DS was this eve (totally hysterical) I don't think he was making it up. But he is relieved it has come out now iyswim.

He even felt bad for calling the boy an idiot to his face "it just slipped out mummy" sad

latrucha Wed 19-Oct-11 11:27:48

I have no idea Simpson but bumping in case someone else does.

I'm sorry J is going through this.

latrucha Wed 19-Oct-11 21:34:19

bump

activate Thu 20-Oct-11 12:38:33

surely you've had a response from school by now?

simpson Thu 20-Oct-11 18:26:59

yes sorry blush

Saw his teacher at the end of the day yesterday. She had been briefed by the TA who I spoke to in the morning to ensure he was ok until I could speak to the teacher iyswim.

Anyway when I spoke to the teacher she said one boy has admitted punching DS and was made to apologize but the other boy denied it but the teacher seemed to think it was a one off incident so I had to explain that it had been happening every day since sept sad

She said she had to gather facts etc but did seem v on the ball saying it won't tolerated, DS is an asset to the school etc.

DS has come home today much happier and the other boy has now admitted it and has apologized to DS also.

Fingers X this is the end of it <<hopeful>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now