Talk

Advanced search

What /can should the school be doing? Doesn't seem enough!

(6 Posts)
cathers Wed 28-Sep-11 13:03:52

There is a history of my dd , ( year 3), and other children in her class, since reception being bullied, ( bitten,punched, hit), by one particular child fairly regularly, once or twice a week, for the initial term at school. The school always says that that this child has difficulties dealing with change and they are monitoring the situation. Usually, the violence stops by Xmas time.

Forward to this year, yes, the thumping, hitting starts again, this year however, sticks and pencils are being used as weapons, teachers and TAs hurt as well. Of course, as parent I am making appointments with the head to try and protect my child and inform them of the incidents. The school have now removed the child from the classroom for 1:1 supervision in the corridor, however only for 10 days.

I worried what will happen after this time is up. The school keep telling me the situation is being monitored. I keep a diary of my Childs injuries and keep the school informed. Where do I go for help? What is the procedure if I am not confident that the school if keeping my daughter safe? I would really value any experiences as I feel I am hitting a brick wall and at wits end.

exoticfruits Wed 28-Sep-11 19:44:33

Have you asked the other parents?

cathers Wed 28-Sep-11 20:32:26

Yes, there seems to be 4 or 5 kids that this child regularly hits. All parents have been into school to report our concerns, and all been told the same, that they are monitoring it. No practical help to protect our children is forth coming.

cjbartlett Wed 28-Sep-11 20:38:45

well the practical help could be taking the child out of the classroom for the 10 days?
but I guess you might think the child's problems are too big for main stream school?
in which case you need to go to the governors or LEA, I think

exoticfruits Wed 28-Sep-11 22:12:21

There is obviously a problem if he has 10 days out. I would say that he isn't suited to main stream school but it isn't easy to get a DC what they need. I would keep going in and try and get other parents to go in. Point out to the Head that your DC has the right to be safe at school.

pilates Thu 29-Sep-11 20:52:23

I would put your complaint in writing they seem to deal with them better in writing. You need to state the school have a duty of care to protect your DD and to keep her safe which they are failing. I would also say if things are not reseolved within 28 days you will be writing to the Board of Governors and then LEA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now