Talk

Advanced search

Advice re my 4 yr old DS

(2 Posts)
suebfg Thu 22-Sep-11 20:31:29

Hello,

My DS is only 4 and has just started school. He is in a class of 20. He knows a couple of the boys previously from nursery. One of the boys seems quite popular and my DS (who is quite impressionable) looks up to him. However, said boy seems to like exerting his 'power' over my DS and will often exclude him from games at playtime. My DS's mood seems to depend entirely upon whether said boy is nice to him or not. So he has been in floods of tears today and yesterday.

I've tried to explain to him that said boy isn't very nice and he should try to make some new friends. Is there anything else I can try?

jen333 Thu 22-Sep-11 20:50:53

Not a great deal you can do. My daughter has been through a lot of this in the past two years and girls seem to be a lot more cliquey and cruel. She has survived and seems to have learnt how to deal with being excluded at times. She is now happy and appears to be quite popular. It's all part of learning to be a social animal. However, do let the teachers know and they should keep an eye on him during playtimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now