Talk

Advanced search

Teacher bullied by Management etc- Warning: Content is adult only

(4 Posts)
Celibin Thu 19-May-11 19:54:22

The aim of this is to show the consequences of this behaviour and to help anyone else who needs it: it is very common in teaching- I found out later.
Teaching in the school for 14 years . Went on sabbatical but not allowed to use new skills- work given to other staff. Called a nickname(staff).One winter off work for 2 weeks due to exhaustion (unusual for me) Head Teacher unplanned visit- reason for visit unclear as another had been off for 6 months and not visited .he was of course her favourite and given special work when he returned. 2 years later- trouble with emotional life. Called into office : yes, I looked pale and Head stating my work not up to standard -students bored. This was the start of disciplinary process but not told as Head in a real state .Continued with Head always getting me into her office and just screaming. Warning letters shoved in pig hole.Made late for my classes Manager friend (Sales) isited me as I was looking ill, really ill and checked contract-Head not follwing as no representatiive and harrassment charge Took grievance but rep seemed incapable. Rep turning up uninvited and stating resign leave teaching . Pesters my relative bad-mouthing me really not on.Relatives elderly. State as no support I will seek legal advice but rep unwilling .
Now very ill- medical advice stating damage to my health- another Manger friend recommends suing for Constructive - have to resign.Told I may not teach in any other scool in vicinity Offered another job but no reference Staff rep wants me to pop in and see them socially Explain I cannot do this. Colleagues turning up uninvited- please do not leave teaching. Ask Rep to please stop uninvited isits _ too late- am sexually assaulted in my own home. Eventual hospital admission . Leave teaching

BestNameEver Thu 19-May-11 20:14:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Celibin Thu 19-May-11 20:36:27

What on earth has this got to do with doctors?? Sorry you have lost me there

AllieZ Sat 11-Jun-11 15:19:17

More (and more expert) advice probably on the TES (Times Educational Supplement) forums (especially in "Workplace Dilemmas") www.tes.co.uk/forums.aspx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: