Talk

Advanced search

Tips on how to pump enough milk to freeze?!

(5 Posts)
Shazzzzz Mon 28-Dec-20 22:36:01

So im exclusively expressing breastmilk and bottle feeding and im wondering how other mums manage to do this and have a freezer full for backup?

I only gave birth 9 days ago but feel like im never going to get to the point where i will be able to express enough to store away 😖

Anyone got any tips? Im using the tommee tippee closer to nature breast pump

Thanks in advance 😊

OP’s posts: |
KEMF Sat 20-Feb-21 22:16:41

Hello there, I have just seen your comment which you have posted a few months ago. Have you managed to get your supply up in your freezer?

I express the same time as I’m feeding. I find the let down and flow happens faster while baby is feeding.

I have a suction cup on my other breast which naturally drains the milk out. Also I can help the milk come out faster expressing by hand while the-suction cup is on (if that makes sense) That would be my freezer milk.

Hope that is helpful.

Shazzzzz Sat 20-Feb-21 23:15:40

@KEMF Hey,

Yeah i tried multiple things and it was buying a madela double pump and power pumping that helped me with a good supply. im still exclusively expressing and its been successful for 9 weeks now with plenty in the freezer ☺️

Thanks for commenting!

KEMF Sun 21-Feb-21 08:41:58

Ahh that is brilliant I am so happy for you. It’s such a great feeling having it stored away. And looking at att the bags stocked up.

My stash is slowly going down now 😩, my baby is 6 month and wants feeding all the time at the moment. Probably having a growth spurt.

I was donating my milk last year, that’s such an amazing feeling I found as well.

Enjoy every moment of the pumping and the feeding. I love it. Is this your 1st baby?

Shazzzzz Mon 01-Mar-21 22:10:59

@KEMF hey! Sorry tor the incredibly slow response i used to get emails when someone replied to me and im not getting them for some reason!!

He is my 2nd baby, i gave my 1st formula from birth so this is all completely new to me.

I was thinking of stopping but now have invested in a double elvie pump which has given me motivation to continue as its so easy to carry if visiting relatives rather than getting half naked with my madela!!

Well done on getting to 6 months! Pumping is so draining but worth it ☺️

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in